Do you ever just have a day where you want to give yourself some extra self-care?
Having one of those days where you just feel a little down?
Well, lucky for you, I’ve come up with 20 easy-peasy ways to practice a little self-care. Besides, we all need it from time to time.
TIP: Try to do at least 1 act of self-care/self-love every Sunday (“self-care Sunday”). It sets the tone for the week and leaves you feeling great.
Here we go.
20 Ways to Practice Self-Care
1. Give yourself or go get a mani/pedi.
2. Go to Target (LOL). I’m sorry but who doesn’t love Target!?
3. Buy yourself a few things from the drugstore makeup section, go home, & experiment!
4. Call up your mom (or dad, sibling, cousin, grandparent, old friend, etc.)- it can make a big difference : )
5. Better yet, go visit and/or surprise one of them!
6. Meal prep your lunches & dinners (psst… Pinterest has a ton).
7. Start a blog, or if you already are a blogger, brainstorm some ideas for a blog post : )
8. Do your laundry BUT ALSO your bed sheets, pillow cases, blankets, etc. It’s a great feeling climbing into a nice & clean bed at the end of the day!
9. Search Pinterest for a craft you’d enjoy doing OR any kind of DIY. Some examples could be canvas painting, creating a design on a mug (w/ a sharpie) and baking it so it stains it, DIY face masks/body scrub/lip scrub, etc.
10. Download & subscribe to some new podcasts on your podcast iPhone app. Just to name a few that I LOVE : Off The Vine with Kaitlyn Bristowe, The Balanced Blonde, Him & Her, The Bitch Bible, & The Melissa Ambrosini Show.
11. Declutter your room by hanging up all those clothes on your floor, or go through your closet and donate some old clothes!
12. FaceTime someone you miss : )
13. Take a bubble with with some Lush bath bombs and candles.
14. Go for a run, or an evening walk!
15. Go to the store and buy yourself some flowers. They really do brighten up your mood : )
16. Start a new book. Better yet, start a new self-love book. There are some recommendations in my post right here : )
17. Write in a journal & reflect on 5 things you are currently grateful for.
18. Make a playlist of your current fave songs : )
19. Find a recipe on Pinterest and make it for yourself! I have some food boards you are welcome to check out right here : )
20. Rearrange things in your room or living room. It’s always fun to change it up!
All 20 of these things are ways I practive self-care.
As I said at the beginning, “self-care Sundays” are my fave because it allows me to destress after a busy weekend, take some time to myself, and sets the tone for the (crazy) week to come 🙂
What are your top ways to practice self-care? DO TELL!
Katie xx ♡